Brands are (one of) the most valuable intangible assets companies have. But what makes brands successful? My research focuses on the psychology of brands and aims at explaining why and how consumers relate to brands.
- How are brands stored in consumers’ memories?
- How can brand associations be influenced by marketers? For example, by multisense marketing / scent, or by adding religious labels.
- How do consumers relate to brands?
- Why do people admire, and love, brands? And which personalities love brands?
Publications & Downloads:
- Press release: What makes a product lovable?
- Paper: Rauschnabel, P. A., & Ahuvia, A. C. (2014). You’re so lovable: Anthropomorphism and brand love. Journal of Brand Management, 21(5), 372-395. Download
- Press release: Are Branded Pictures on Facebook a Sign of Brand Love? (Collaborative research project with Gfk Association)
- Brands and religious labels: a spillover perspective (Journal of Marketing Management)
Featured image: © bedya / Fotolia.com.