Philipp A. Rauschnabel
Prof. Dr. rer. pol (PhD), M.Sc., B.A.
Publications: Follow this link.
Since 2018: Professor at Hochschule Darmstadt, h_da
- Program: online communication (#onkomm)
- Areas: Online Branding, Social Media, Digitozation, AR, VR, MR, Technology Acceptance, Analytics
- Office: Media Campus, Dieburg
Since 2011: Freelancer/Speaker/Consultant (Science-to-Business)
- Presentations of Research Findings
- Collaborative (Market) Research Projects / Consulting
- More information / references are available upon request, connectedscience.de
2014-2017: The University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA
- Assistant Professor of Marketing (tenure Track)
- College of Business, Department of Management Studies
- Faculty Adviser American Marketing Association Chapter
- Research Interests: Branding, Digital Marketing, Smart Glasses
11/2010 – 9/2014: Researcher at the University of Bamberg, Germany
- Research and Teaching Assistant, PhD-candidate, and Post-doc researcher
- Department of Marketing, Prof. Ivens (Marketing Bamberg)
- Supervisor of more than 60 final theses in the B.Sc. and M.Sc.-program
The Psychology of Brands. Empirical Investigations Through the Lens of Social and Cognitive Theories
(summa cum laude)
- Master Program in Marketing and Channel Management (MCM) – Link
- MSC-Dissertation: Co-Branding in Retailing; (summa cum laude)
- Final grade: A (best graduate ever in the MCM Master Program, 2010)
- B.A. Program, majors: Marketing and MIS – Link,
- BBA-Dissertation: Service Efficiency (summa cum laude)
- Final grade: A (ECTS equiv)
2004: High School
High School Degree (Abitur), Moenchsee Gymnasium Heilbronn, Germany
- Founder/Admin of the academic marketing community of Facebook – Marketing Scholars
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Technology Marketing
- Member of the Editorial Review Board, Marketing Education Review
- Ad hoc reviewer (Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Brand Management, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, International Journal of Technology Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, and others)
- Conference Reviewer (e.g., ACR, AMA, AMICS, EMAC, MMA, CBR, and others)
Various Projects, Positions, Freelancing/Consulting and Research Projects at companies, including Deutsche Telekom AG, Harman/Kardon, YouGov, Batten & Company/BBDO Consulting, China Netcom, rhino’s, City of Bamberg, CAMS, Stiftung Warentest (official German Consumer Protection Institute) etc. Expert Network Partner at ConnectedScience and KUP Berlin – areas: digital marketing, data analytics, extended realities.
Invited Speaker at various conferences, including Mercedes Benz Social Media Night (keynote speaker, twice), CeBit (the world’s largest IT expo), Online Marketing Forum, and others. Prof. Rauschnabel has also been invited to present research findings at various research institutes and companies worldwide.
University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA; University of Bamberg, Germany; Sup de Co Montpellier (Top 10 French MBA Programs), France: Jiangsu Teachers University of Technology, China; Mosbach Cooperative State University, Germany; Heilbronn University (Top 5 German BA UOAS Programs), Germany; University of Giessen, Germany; NAA executive education, Germany; VWA Nuremberg, Germany etc. + executive coaching.
Professor Rauschnabel serves as a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Marketing Educational Review Journal, and has received teaching awards in 2012 (The University of Bamberg; best course instructor among more than 200 teaching staff) and in 2013 (Marketing Management Association, USA, international teaching-scholar award). Furthermore, after being a Marketing faculty at UofM Dearborn, students voted him as the ‘teacher of the year’ (teaching award). His average teaching evaluation at The University of Michigan-Dearborn is 4.83 (scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best possible evaluation).
- American Marketing Association
- German Economists’ Association
- Rotary International