This term, I am teaching MKT463 – Digital Analytics and Content Marketing at The University of Michigan-Dearborn. MKT463 is an applied hands-on class with an emphasis on social media marketing.
Topics in this class include:
- characteristics of social media,
- holistic social media marketing,
- content marketing,
- performance measurement & big data,
- crisis communication strategies, and
- some SEO topics.
As a term group project, my students develop a WordPress Blog on a self-selected topic. This is based on a keyword analysis and includes the development and implementation of a SEO strategy (on-page / off-page) and supportive social media channels.
Their projects are quite interesting:
- Detroit Unseen – unknown cool places in Detroit.
- ArtDet – Alternative (Street) Art in Detroit.
- Healthydetroiter – healthy living in Michigan.
- Detroit Daytrips – things to do in the greater Detroit area.
- Rise of Detroit – facts about the ups and downs of Detroit.