The American Marketing Association hosts two annual academic conferences. The Summer Marketing Educators’ conference and the Winter Marketing Educators’ conference. The summer conference’s focus is on the academic job market. The winter conference, however, is highly research focused. The Winter AMA conferences is one of the largest and most influential academic marketing conferences worldwide. Submitted papers are evaluated by anonymous experts in the field. Because of these high academic standards, some journal rankings count the proceedings as academic journals. The acceptance rate is usually between 30 and 40 percent. The 2016 Winter AMA conference will take place in Las Vegas, NV. For a Michigander, not a bad location in February. The 2016 conference theme is “What Happens in Marketing, Stays Digital: Rethinking Marketing for Success in the Era of Unlimited Data”.
Presentations at the 2016 Winter Marketing Educators’ conference
The following studies that I have conducted together with my international colleagues have been accepted for presentation:
- Managing the Pinball: Dimensions of Strategic Social Media Marketing, with my co-authors Reto Felix and Chris Hinsch.
In this paper, we define (strategic) social media marketing and show that it goes beyond marketing.
- New Conceptual Insights into Brand Fit and Co-branding, with my co-authors Nina Krey, Bjoern Ivens, Stephan Zielke, and Flavia Munta.
The objective of this research is to study the role of brand fit. We show that brand fit is not just a stable antecedent to the evaluation of co-branded products.
- Conference Website (2016 Winter Marketing Educators’ conference, Las Vegas)
- Tentative Program
- Las Vegas Tourist Center / Greater Las Vegas Visitors Centers
- AMA Winter Marketing Conference Hotel Website (caesars)
Hotel and Conference Location
The conference location is the Caesars Palace Las Vegas, 3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas, NV 89109. The last summer AMA conference was in Chicago, and the last two winter conferences in Las Vegas and in Orlando, FL.
Features pic: License: CC0 Public Domain.
Conference Banner: American Marketing Association